My first pair of jeans in 5 years....

Tuesday 4 November 2014

Last week I bought the first pair of jeans or trousers that I have worn since 2009. It's something I've been thinking about for a while, but it took me a good while to be brave enough to. My thighs/stomach are probably the area I am most insecure about, and I tend to wear skirts and dresses to cover myself more. I want to get through this. I want to love myself more. So, jeans were a must!

Jeans - ASOS
Jumper - New Look
Necklace - Sugar & Vice
Sneakers - Converse
Hat - Er...'borrowed' from someone in the pub

So. This is my first pair of jeans. I dove right in at the deep end with skinnies as well. I figure most of my clothes are black, so I opted for purple jeans, they also have a rip at the knee that you can't see because I stand all awkward like. I wasn't convinced when I first tried these on. Stu had been determined to get me in some form of trousers for a long time (I suspect so he can see my butt more!) and he promised me that these looked good, so I wore them the day they arrived, and the next day. And you know what... I really, really like them. They are super soft, ever so comfy and really cute. I want more longer style tops and have my eye on a few I think would look fab with them.

What do you think? What are your 'scary' items of clothing?

Much love,
Kitty xxxxx

Comments